**Looking for Love in too Many Faces**
This new someone had swept me off my feet. He promised me the world, and swore the pain would no longer be there. He was much older than I, more than 20 years age difference. To me, there was, and is no issue with age difference. Age is only a number, the heart sees no limits. We were perfect together. He was fun, outgoing, charming, seemed to have a real zest for life. We had our rocky moments, but I passed it off as just normal. He had two beautiful children, ones that I felt strong compassion for. They too came from a broken home, and as much as they resented me for being in their mothers place, I still loved them dearly.
His family, they were the most welcoming bunch I have ever met in my life. They welcomed me to their family with open arms.
As time passed, I started to notice more and more mood swings. Our relationship wasn't as peachy as it had been before. Anger seemed to be the set mood, and not too much ever cleared the air. I always passed it off as just hard times, the typical struggles of life. I was completely oblivious to the fact that this was all caused from a huge alcohol and drug problem. I should have seen the signs.
Our relationship lasted almost 3 years. Although it was bad enough to end, there still are many happy memories. I don't place the blame of our ending relationship all on his shoulders. Yes, he had a habit that I couldn't deal with. Yes, there were way too many double standards in our relationship for my liking, and mostly, we had two completely different views on parenting. A huge reason for us ending, was me, and my emotional instability. The 3 years that we were together, were likely the 3 most emotional years of my life.
How could a couple remain in love when the person they fell in love with seems to disappear? I hid behind the mask of the fairy tale princess. Nothing ever bothered me, I was the happiest person in the world - If only he knew.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment